3.01.2013

Drape

{rust tunic: via Ross // grey cardigan: Express // navy pencil skirt: via Ross // navy sweater tights: Hue // silver sparkley loafers: Nine West via Marshall's // spectacles necklace: F21 }

Not only did I get dressed today, but I actually took outfit shots. Thank heaven for a baby who for the first time this week decided to nap somewhere other than my arms (we're dealing with a bit of colic here and holding him seems to be the only way he'll sleep during the day instead of screaming). Thankfully, he is pretty much perfect at night-- sleeps for 5-6 hours, feeds once, and heads back to sleep for another 3-4, so I'm relatively well-rested and equipped to deal with the daytime fussiness. 

The above has been pretty standard for an actual getting-dressed outfit. There have been plenty of days when a nursing tank, zipup and yoga pants sufficed, but I'm trying to get out at least once a day now and find myself reaching for drapey tops that can be easily lifted for nursing, pencil skirts because I have a waist for the first time in nearly a year, and fun shoes to keep it all from being too dull. And of course, the topknot, because some days, washing my hair is simply out of the question.

My favorite recent shot of the bub (those cheeks. I die.):

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Looking good! I remember thinking how easy it would be to get dressed AFTER the baby came, but in many ways it was more difficult because I'd have to be able to nurse at any moment, and it would likely get spit up on, and things just didn't fit right.


You look beautiful and happy, and he's just a doll!

Jillian said...

Cute outfit! New follower here!

Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...