11.28.2012

What to Wear When You're Expecting

 Now that I'm well into my third trimester I thought I'd share a few of my recent staples, which combine both maternity basics and items I owned previously. I've tried to use images of the actual items when possible.
Maternity Tops


 {1. drapey maternity pullover // 2. chunky maternity wrap sweater // 3. maternity tee // 4. striped maternity tank // 5. chiffony-blouse // 6. cameo earrings // 7. colored blazer // 8. jean jacket // 9. cotton cardigan // 10. infinity scarf // 11. statement necklace //}

Fitted maternity tanks, drapey sweaters and cardigans, blazers to keep everything streamlined and large accessories to balance my changing body have been my go-tos of late. Tees, tanks and pullovers tend to be maternity, while blazers and cardigans are standard sizes. Throwing on a chunky scarf to keep warm without adding too much bulk is a near-daily occurrence.

Skirts, Dresses and Shoes



 {1. lace cocktail dress // 2. jersey cotton tank dress // 3. jersey midi dress with sleeves // 4. embellished loafers // 5. black riding boots // 6. jean pencil skirt // 7. patterned pencil skirt // 8. black pencil skirt // 8. brightly colored pencil skirt // 9. brown booties //}

Since I wear skirts 99% of the time, I decided not to buy any maternity pants. I've been rocking the pencil skirt in various iterations: patterned, black, brightly-colored and the ultimate everyday staple, denim. Dresses layered with cardigans and blazers have served me well-- a maxi for comfort, jersey midi dress for day or night (aka synagogue, my standard dress-up site), and one banging cocktail option for special occasions. I've been making the most of my flats/boots and standard sized sweater tights (no uncomfortable elastic digging into my midsection!), though I do have a few pairs of maternity stockings in the rotation.

1 comments:

Marie said...

Lovely! I prefer skirts and dresses right now, though I occasionally miss pants too.

Marie @
Lemondrop ViNtAge

I am having a fabulous holiday giveaway right here.<

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...