2.14.2011

And it Was All Yellow, Too

Hello, sad attempt at a heart. Even though we don't do Valentine's Day, the deliciously warm weather (40s) has me feeling the love. As do the red hots my coworker graciously bought for the staff meeting, on which I am currently munching.
* black dress-- Target * grey cardigan-- Express * yellow patterned tights-- some European brand from Century 21, can't recall which * shooties-- DKNY * yellow beret-- Target *
I completely forgot that I owned this dress, worn near-constantly last winter, until I did my major closet cleanup last week. For shame. But at least I rescued it and let it see the light of day again, paired with these sort of crazy tights. While I love the pattern, they do some weird ankle bunching thing, so I've held off on wearing them. This seemed like the perfect outfit for showcasing some bright tights, however, so here they are.
Have you bought any outlandish pieces lately? How are you incorporating them into your daily looks?

16 comments:

Sarah said...

I haven't picked up anything super crazy lately but I do have some louder pieces in my wardrobe that are so hard to match. I usually go with neutrals and let the louder piece shine.

alltumbledown said...

That would be sincere flattery! Please let me know if/when you do, I'd love to see it.

Nicola said...

I love this look! I always like yellow and grey together.

Speaking of yellow, my outlandish purchase is a bright yellow mac. I'm not really sure what to do with it to be honest, it makes me look like a cartoon fisherman.

Raquelita said...

Those tights are spectacular! It's probably best you don't know the brand, as they are the first thing that has really tempted me to fall of the GAAD wagon.

Rebecca said...

I like those tights. The pattern is really fun.

Drew said...

Love the tights! I'm always stalking Target for cute dresses on the cheap.

Drew said...

Also, I look so uncool with a beret on... I need someone to teach me how to wear them!
:-)

Erica said...

Fun tights! I have a skirt that's bright and yellow, and I wore it with black yesterday. One day I'd like to wear it with something else that is bright and crazy, but I'm not that bold yet. See skirt here: http://spenceranderica.blogspot.com/2011/02/cardigan-h-shirt-old-navy-via-gift-card.html

JoAnn, Sidewalk Chic said...

I love the yellows in your outfit. What a great way to try out a piece you've been hesitant to wear.

I love red hots! They are so delicious.

Engineer said...

Those tights are AMAZING! I love how you matched your hat and tights. In the most sincere form of flattery, I might be stealing this look in the future...

SHey said...

You look so pretty in yellow Nina. =)

Alessandra said...

Wow! Love those tights, that pop of color is fantastic. You look adorable.

Fab Kimberly said...

How absolutely perfect are those tights - especially with the beret?!! Love it!

alltumbledown said...

Berets can be a little tricky. Maybe my next vlog should be on how to wear different styles of hats? I do have a free night, so maybe I can make it happen!

alltumbledown said...

I am so impressed with your shopping diet. If mine hadn't been religiously mandated, I don't know that I'd have lasted more than a month or two!

alltumbledown said...

Still eating them. Still delicious. This bag is huge- I may turn into a red hot by week's end.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...