1.18.2011

Peplum

What a weekend! My cousin (and good friend) got married last night, and I am all danced out. Orthodox Jewsish weddings are fun, frenzied and energetic, with guests charged with entertaining the bride and groom through choreographed dance routines, gymnastic feats and all around revelry. My family is a fun bunch, and it was so nice to see everyone together since we are spread out across the country.
* maroon cashmere sweater-- Banana Republic via Goodwill Outlet * grey pinstripe peplum skirt-- Grace * maroon sweater tights-- Hue * black and brown shooties-- DKNY * chain necklace-- actually a headband, H&M * grey fuzzy hat-- H&M *
I love anything with a peplum. Since my hips are pretty narrow, I don't mind the added width, and the vintage silhouette is a favorite of mine. When I found this skirt a few months ago, I was stoked, but haven't worn it often (this is its blog debut, in fact.) Though I would like my closet to encompass things that can be worn in a pinch, I reserve space for special items that may not get worn too often, but bring a smile to my face when they are.
Do you hang on to items you love but don't wear all that much?

12 comments:

elegantbohemian said...

I love this skirt! And I'm crazy about the shoes....this is so cute together! ~Serene

Amanda said...

Love it! Totally cute, kinda horseback rider-y for some reason, but I'm not sure why I think that :)

I definitely have favorite outfits, usually my Shabbat outfits, that I hold onto and don't wear too often. My top favorite, a wool skirt from Anthropologie with a bird and tree in various textures and patterned fabrics, comes out only for days I'm reading Torah or really need a lift to get me out of bed and into the shul :)

PS: I'm totally confused by your login. How do I log in as my blogger?

Heidiluxe said...

gorgeous skirt!
and i tried on a hat today, trying to channel my inner nina, but i just wasn't right. too tight. i'm determined to keep trying though.
and i have a couple of dresses that i wear rarely, but they are ultra nice and i spent more than my usual nothing on them so i justify them sitting in my closet as "special". one is knee length silk with huge voluminous sleeves and a graphic black and yellow print. it's just not grocery store, mother of two appropriate.

Alessandra said...

That skirt...oh my goodness, I love it. It's perfect on you and you styled it so beautifully.

JusticePirate said...

Beautiful outfit!!! it is very sweet.

alltumbledown said...

That skirt sounds amazing, I'd love to see it! And on Disqus, you can log in as yourself, and include the link to your blog. You must have done it correctly, as your name takes me to your blog. A little different than blogger but I am loving it so far.

alltumbledown said...

Keep trying! I've grown to love hats, even though my choice to wear them isn't really fashion-based. And that dress sounds fab. Can't wait for it to debut on your blog!

Mrs Marcus said...

I have a few items in my closet that I just can't seem to part with even though I rarely wear them. For me though I think it might have more to do with how much I spent. :(

Love that sweater! What a deal!

Iris said...

I love that outfit, especially the skirt! I have alot of stuff in my closet that I don't wear but, I'm working on it with my challenge :)

Sarah said...

Lovely look. This skirt is so intersting. I really like the top of it. Great details!

thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

Jess said...

I looooooove that skirt! I have a really hard time letting go of stuff I love, even if I only wear it once or twice a year. It's a problem.

Sisters4saymoreismore said...

oh ya! totally hang on... sometimes for a couple yrs and then i realize one of 2 things, i either love it or hate it... i just cleaned out my closet and rediscovered a few things... but i chucked a ton of other things it feels good to do both!

love the look!

~selina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...