12.11.2010

Twenty One Candles

Finally, the blazer that I so desperately wanted to swap in as soon as I posted my 30. I was itching to put it on my list, but apparently not so itching as to wear it any of the first 20 days.
* camel August Silk cashmere pullover * blue-black Theory blazer * brown Banana Republic pencil skirt * metallic leopard Richard Taylor flats *
*black Gap leggings * pink gold H&M skinny belt * patterned scarf from Israel *
A few years ago, I wouldn't have been caught dead in a brown and black ensemble, yet here I am wearing various shades of each (with the murky in between blue and black blazer thrown in for good measure.) Sometimes throwing the rules out the window is just necessary. I quite like the off-kilter business wear look of this outfit, especially with the neon pink lips to mix the look up even more. And of course, an animal print a day keeps the doctor away (my life's motto, as of this minute.)

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

I like the belted blazer. I didn't wear black and brown together either until recently.

Iris said...

I love the business-ness of this look! I recently wandered into the land of black and brown mixing... I kind of liked it too :)

Kimberly said...

Loving this combo! I think leopard is a great pattern to use when wearing black and brown too.

Linda W said...

Wonderful blazer and I love how you belted it.
I am ALL about black and brown together. And it looks great on you!
The Auspicious Life

Em said...

lovely combo. each piece works works so perfectly with the next and im loving the subtle prints on the scarf + shoes.

Elaine said...

I LOVE brown and black together! It's my favorite color combo!

I am loving those leopard print flats.

www.clothedmuch.com

kristine said...

Those leopard print flats add such quirkiness to this outfit! Love it!

Kristine. Or Polly.

monster cakes said...

I LOVE those shoes!!! Cute blog. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...