8.30.2010

Fancy Style File

Yesterday, hubs and I attended the wedding of a close friend, my roommate from my first year of college. it was an absolutely beautiful day full of dancing, singing and love. Mazel tov, Shari and Sam! I was so happy to be able to make this wedding, my first in a year.
The list:
--peach silk dress, Tahari
- off-white cardigan, Spring + Mercer
-nude unicorn heels, Jeffrey Campbell
-belt, came with dress
-peal necklace, bought at a Tel Aviv flea market
-gold flower drop earrings, gifted from grandma, originally were her mother's
Things that are hilarious: showing up to a wedding wearing the same exact dress as one of your best friends. If it had been someone I didn't know, I'd most likely have spent the day shooting daggers at the offender with my eyes. Instead, it was just really funny. As you can see, we styled the dress a bit differently-- I opted for more coverage with the cardigan, and added some pearl and gold accessories. We weren't the only ones who went for an orange and gold color scheme:
What can I say? Close friends coordinate well, apparently
My shoes on the left. I love how the ruffly-but-punky shoes helped to roughen up my outfit a bit.

.

13 comments:

Chaviva said...

Wow! What are the chances of two wearing same dress ... it's never happened to me, thank G-d. Not that I'd care. It'd be more amusing than anything :)

Beautifully styled!

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

Those shoes are awesome - and you look so pretty for the wedding!

Melrose said...

great minds think alike! And the dress is absolutely beautiful, so I see why you both chose it! I'm incredibly envious of your shoes too!

La Historiadora de Moda said...

You both look fantastic in that dress! And I love your heels!

Iris said...

I don't know that I would have laughed if someone wore the same dress and me to a mutual affair but, I'm glad you could see the humor in it :) I love those shoes!!!

Sidewalk Chalk said...

That is a beautiful dress -- I love the shading at the bottom. And how funny that a friend wore one similar -- and you took it all in stride! I'd be a bit embarrassed and awkward about it all, but that's just me all the time, haha. I also love your shoes --- I've always thought the unicorn heels were so glamorous and whimsical.

I love the gold and orange scheme -- were those the bride's colors?

Chandra said...

Hey! No hat!

I love the beautiful orange/coral colors in these pictures. Plus, those Jeff Campbell shoes are ADORABLE!

Chandra

ciupa said...

lovely look for a wedding. I like how you both styled it.

orchidsinbuttonholes said...

That is a gorgeous dress! I love the print and colors along the hem, and those shoes add just the right amount of edge to the whole look. You look stunning!

Ayelet said...

HAHAHAH all i had to do to make it in the blog is wear the same exact dress as you!!!!!

LOVE!

Destined For Now said...

I love those heels! And you are just too cute in that dress. Great minds do think alike.

Dolls Factory said...

Lovely blog. I found you through IFB and I can tell that you have a great sense of style.
Lets become fashionable blogger friends and follow each other.
Check out my blog and maybe you'll want to make your own Recessionista Chic Post
www.thedollsfactory.com

Keira said...

Just found you through IFB, and I'm SO glad I did! I'm a new follower :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...