4.29.2010

Windsday

When I woke up yesterday, I knew it was a sweatshirt kind of day. The wind was howling, the trees were a-shaking and for some reason, I wore a skirt that has trouble staying down with even the slightest breeze. Oops.
The List:
- tan sweatshirt, H&M
-white skirt, Gap
-green fishnets, Givenchy
-metallic laceup booties, Jeffrey Campbell
-layered metal necklaces, H&M
-camel knit hat, Anne Klein
I totally felt like a rockstar ballerina in this getup. And I even got props from hubs, who usually hates this sweatshirt and anything worn with it. Thankfully I had the foresight to put a slip underneath before leaving the house, so there was no flashage during the windstorm.
Thanks for all the advice and support about a tagline or some way of indicating the modesty content without being too heavy-handed. How about:
a modest attempt at style

15 comments:

Kelly @ blackdog finds said...

I like the contrast between the light, flowy skirt and the sweatshirt. You look great!

interrobangsanon said...

Those boots = perfection.
As another museum-working nerd, I really enjoy your blog.

La Historiadora de Moda said...

A modest attempt at style = A+ in my book.

I love how chic you made a sweatshirt look! I had trouble getting good shots yesterday because of the wind, too.

She Spys said...

I like the tagline. I think it will really get the message across!

BTW I have the same skirt :)

http://260daysnorepeats.blogspot.com/2010/04/april-7-2010.html

great minds...

Kristin said...

rockstar ballerina, indeed! The tougher booties shine against the softer tights, skirt, and neutrals. this is a fantastic combination on you!

Great tagline - gets your message across without being too heavy-handed. :o)

Emily Kennedy said...

Perfecto tagline. That totally works.

Also, this is really cute. I love it with the stripy tights and boots, because it's kind of vaguely Victorian. So adorable.

Viv said...

love your blog and style!! you look fabulous!!!




myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

Apostolica said...

Excellent tagline choice!

It must've been windy all over yesterday. I wore a floor-length heavy-ish skirt, and I was still grateful for a long slip in the midst of the tempest!

Modesty is Pretty said...

love the tag line and your outfit, I wish I could pull off booties like that with a skirt! =)

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

i like the tagline!
and you look like the new j crew catalogue today--light colors, breezy, beautiful.

I am Khatu said...

love the tights!

Rina said...

Love that line. Perfect. You're really great with words.

BBM said...

ok. thats it! i cant take ure cuteness any longer ... lol. ummm yes, u better hold on to those jeffreys pretty tight cuz im on my way to steal em! asked the hubz for gift advice and he says a watch, home-cooked dinner, and top of his list? a ps3 ... he wishes.

closet365 said...

I quite like this one. You look wonderful in neutrals!

Kelly said...

I really like the color combo you've done here! all those soft neutrals together are so pretty. I might have to copy you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...